Reduce support costs while lifting customers satisfaction with improved ‘new-customer’ onboarding, billing and technical fault diagnosis. Arena is your goto support tool for technicians, billing support and third party software developers.
Two factor authentication
Before accessing Arena you will first need to register for a mobile two factor authentication (“2fa”) account. We recommend Authy. Like Amazon, DropBox, Gmail and LastPass we’ve implemented Google’s 2fa platform, so your Authy account also works with any of these sites.
- Goto Play Store or iTunes | Download and Install
- Open the app and you’ll be prompted to enter a phone number which will be the mobile number tied to your Authy account (you can change it in the settings if you ever need to).NB – You can use your Authy account against multiple sites by supplying the phone number you used when you first created your Authy account. You will need access to the phone using the number you enter here.
- Once you’ve completed the Authy registration you will need to generate the Authy pin each time you log into Arena.
Your first view within Customers search by customer name, account code or phone number (NB accept local area codes, such as 02, 03).
This first Customers view lists Active Accounts sorted by Activation date.
Customers is the main function and enables you to analyse bills and all CloudPBX settings.
- Search: To search across Customer Name, Account code and phone number
- Sort by: Customer, Account Code, Start Date
- Profile: Summary page for All Account info, Plan Summary, month to date Calls and Charge, Numbers and channel summary
- Registration Status: Shows last registered IP address, for both Registration and Peering.
- Groups: Use Groups to mirror any departmental or work-group structures within your organisation (see also).
- Restricted: By default all lines passwords are set with the global account password. Use Restrict to set individual passwords against each line.
- Extensions: Set a 3 digit extension against each number. NB – only other numbers within the Group can call another extension.
- Caller Name: Will allow you to identify callers for any internal.
- Preferences: Shows any Inbound calling features set, ranked by the Call Flow priority.
- Select number
- Change the required values
- Save Changes
To view or edit preferences against Inbound, Outbound, Advanced or Preferences by select the hyperlink under the required number.
As you navigate through the numbers list the application present all features set against the number, organised by Inbound, Outbound, Advanced and Preferences. Highlight the function to expand the individual feature settings.
To set update preferences against multiple lines, multi select the required lines. In bulk update mode we clear all values from the UI, updating only those values you input within this section.
In the screenshot below a Call Forward to a mobile is about to be set against all 46 numbers on the account.
Trace is a tool for techs to troubleshoot SIP messaging and packet information against any Calls or Registration attempts made on your customers account.
- Customers | Trace
- By default Trace searches across all IP addresses against your customer number.
- Registration: to view Registration data
The Dashboards are a ‘work in progress’ which are currently limited to bookmarking your ‘favourite’ Tools and Reports.
- In either the Reports or Tools select the Favourite to toggle to the Dashboard page
Reports and Tools
- Reports: Reports provides readonly information about various parts of the system
- Tools: Tools can make updates to the system
Diagnosing Customer enquiries
Most level one and two customer enquiries can be classified into two either billing or phone or systems connectivity. If a customer is unable to make outgoing phone calls, first make sure the customer has balance. Secondly, using the numbers you’ll quickly ascertain whether the issue reported is customer network or a Call Flow configuration related.
- Use Customers | Account Status
- Ensure your Account (White label Balance) is in positive
- Customer Balance – Prepaid: Needs to be in positive
- Customer Balance – PrePost: – Needs to be less than the Credit Limit
- Fraud Overseas Calls: > Calls Limited – account has been barred from International calling
- Auto Top-up: prevents account from running out of credit
Post billing, most phone enquiries can be classified by a) Internet connectivity issues b) handset configuration. The Customer|Numbers will help you take your two second snaphot of all number status:
- Registration Status: Most accounts will show a mixed state of Registration. What you are looking for is whether all the numbers have recently lost Registration. If not, the issue is less likely to be networking but a phone setting configuration.
- Not Registered: the phone hasn’t been connected to us for at least the last 24 hours, if ever
- Registration Expired: Will show the last time the number registered to our network
- Registered: the numbers connected to us within the pre-agreed registration period (2 -10 minutes)
- Phone Settings: isolate what number if having the problem. Is it Registered. What phone settings have been applied. Remember the Call Flow priority will route the incoming number through its list before reaching the phone.
- One-way voice: Is almost always caused by a SIP ALG which requiring either a change to the customers router or alternately changing the transport from UDP to TLS.
Third party developers will require an Arena login to access the API. If you do not have an API key you can generate it by:
- go to https://arena.yourcloudtelco.com.au/profile
- click on “Refresh API Key” (under the last field displayed)
For the moment we’ve limited the output to JSON but are looking to support other formats as demand determines. To access